I rented a house in Melby, Denmark with two friends, and we really enjoyed ourselves relaxing in the mild Danish temperatures. Letting our souls breathe in the middle of nowhere by the sea. I have developed a couple of new recipes for myself during these days.
Have a great time cooking and enjoying them!
(of you’re looking for part 1 – here it is )
Fennel Carrot Salad (by Carola alias Rawsana)
- 2 fennel bulbs
- Approx. 5 carrots
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 oranges
- ½ cup raisins
- Herbs and sprouts of your choice e.g. basil, thyme, rosemary, cress, alfa-alfa sprouts
- 1 handful of Wellville nut mix
- Optionally: fresh shrimp
Salad Dressing ingredients
- 1 avocado
- 1-2 tbsp. raw almond butter
- Juice of 1-2 lemons or ½ grapefruit
- Himalaya salt and pepper
- Optionally, if you want more of an oriental taste: mild curry powder and turmeric
- Some water, depending on texture
Peel oranges and grapefruit including the white skin. Cut in bite-sized pieces and add with juice to a bowl. Grate fennel and carrots and mix everything with raisins, sprouts, and herbs in the bowl.
Blend all ingredients for salad dressing in your blender. Pour and mix salad dressing with salad.
Coarsely chop Wellville Premium nut mix and sprinkle on salad for decoration.
The salad may be kept refrigerated for approx. 2 days.
Vegan healthy apple tart
Vegan, sugar-free and flour-free apple tart with almond pulp
- ½ cups Wellville dried fruit mix (soak overnight)
- 5-6 cups nut milk pulp (by-product of nut milk production). Optional: ground nuts
- 2 small, sweet apples
- 1 tbsp. Wellville coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. Wellville Wake-up Mix or raw cocoa
- ½ cup – 1 cup nut milk
- 50g coconut flakes
- 1/2 sachet of Weinstein baking powder
- Ground, real vanilla
- ½ cup Wellville cranberries
- Approx. 6-7 apples,
- lemon juice
Blend dried fruits, nut milk pulp, apples, coconut oil in your Wellville Natureblend (or other blender). Pour mixture into bowl and mix with other ingredients to a smooth, not too wet dough. Pour into baking tin lined with parchment paper and form the bottom of tart.
Preheat oven to 350F (170C)
Peel apples and slice thinly. Mix with lemon juice and cinnamon. Arrange apples in a circular shape on tart.
Bake tart at 350F (180C) for 45-50 minutes.
Tastes wonderful with cashew crème or vanilla ice cream.